Online Permitting Services
The online permitting service, Community Development (Oracle Public Sector), facilitates processing permit applications from submission to closure using an online web-based application. This process replaced the prior paper-dependent process. Paper applications or document submissions are no longer accepted.
Online Permitting Services Link/Create User Account
Click HERE to register for online permitting services. Once registered, you can apply for permit applications.
Any person who will submit a permit application MUST complete the User Registration process. Additionally, any person who will be affiliated with a permit, such as architects, engineers, administrative staff for a contractor/qualifier, private provider, or a homeowner for which a permit application is submitted, should also register to take full advantage of the application access and other permit searching features.
The paper application is NOT required when submitting an online permit application; do not upload this document to your permit application.
Permits Before Oct. 1, 2022
Permit Applications/Issued Permits processed before Oct. 1, 2022, will remain in paper format and continue processing in the Building Department legacy system, CommunityPLUS, and inspection IVR system.
Effective Until Otherwise Notified: Online Credit Card payment will be deployed later for permits applied for/processed in the online permitting service Community Development. Credit Card payments for permit applications may be made by either:
- Charge by Phone: Call 305-453-8812 from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays). A staff person can make your credit card payment on permit fees due over the phone.
- In person at any of the five offices from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays). Cash/checks/credit card payments are accepted at any office.
ACTIONS TO TAKE NOW
- Submit Agent Authorization Form to Contractor Licensing via email: Contractorfirstname.lastname@example.org. Contractors that employ Agents to submit permit applications on their behalf MUST submit the Agent Authorization Form, regardless of whether you have previously supplied this document to the Contractor Licensing staff. All Agents on the form must create a registered user account to submit applications on behalf of the contractor.
- Architects, engineers, and private providers MUST obtain Digital Signature from a digital certificate provider for submitted drawings. Digital certificates are used to digitally sign and seal documents submitted, must adhere to the Florida Administrative Code and Florida Statutes, and must be of a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) assurance level of three or higher. Certificate authorities we will accept include Identrust, Global Sign, Entrust, and Digicert. Additional certificate authorities may be recognized in the future. NOTE: All licensed professionals will be responsible for verifying that the digital signatures purchased adhere to the requirements of the State of Florida and are utilized following the guidelines of their respective licensing boards.
These email accounts are managed by several staff with a typical response time on the same business day.
- email@example.com - for matters related to permit application submission, including plan review, revisions, document submission, fees, and permit issuance.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - for matters related to issued permits, including inspections, document submission, and permit completion.
General Reference Material for Online Permitting Submissions
Reference materials to assist the public with application submission and processing.
- New Permit Types available for permit application submittal
- Public Registered User Sign-In Reference Guide
- Permit Application: Applicant, Contractor(s), Contact(s) Defined
- Authorized Agent Permit Applications Specifics Reference Guide
- Credit Card Payment
- Fee Estimator
- Document Submittal Reference Guide
- Inspection List
- Inspection Scheduling Process
- Private Provider Inspection Reference Guide
Recorded Public Sessions
County staff feedback session on the newly implemented Community Development online services. To view: MCTV Recording - 10/20/22 Feedback Session
- How to Explore Your City (Search for Property and Permits)
- How to Register for Online Account
- How to Apply for a Permit (Roof sample)
- Authorized Agent – 2 important steps during application
- How to Attach a Document to a Permit
- How to Review Plan Examiner's Comments
- How to Print an Issued Permit
- How to Schedule an Inspection
- How do I search for Permits (Open/Active/Expired)?
- I am at the payment screen but it will not let me make a payment.
- How do I perform a Change Of Contractor?
- What Digital Signatures are accepted?
- How to apply for a permit as an Agent or Contractor?
- How can a contractor see what permits they are on?
- Can attachments be added when a permit is in progress?
- How do I know which permit type to select?
- How do I remove attachments?