COVID-19 NOTICE: Monroe County offices are closed to the public until further notice and will be reviewed continually. All essential services, like solid waste, social services, animal control, and emergency management, will continue to operate.
For more information on how Building permitting activities are being managed during this time please refer to the main Building and Permitting webpage (click HERE).
New PRELIMINARY FEMA COASTAL FLOOD MAPS for Monroe County
Review of these preliminary maps is important, as changes to maps may impact development standards and future insurance requirements and costs. Staff will be reviewing and gathering comments on these maps. Click HERE for more information.
Know Your Property Flood Zone and Build Smart:
Please refer to these links for flood-related information on building requirements, flood zone, map links, and safety:
- Community Rating System
- Building Requirements
- FEMA Flood Zone Maps
- County Flood Map Interactive Application
- Additional Documents & Resources
Mobile Homes/Manufactured Units
- Mobile Home and Manufacture Unit Replacement Information Opens a New Window.
- Checklist Form to Determine Mobile Home and Manufacture Unit Replacement Information Opens a New Window.
- Building Permit Requirements for Mobile Home and Manufactured Units Opens a New Window.
Protect Your Property and Yourself
For information on how to insure and protect your property, as well as be aware of flood warnings from Monroe County Emergency Management.
- Insure Your Property
- Build Responsibly/Protect Your Property
- Flood Warning System
- Protect Our Environment: Species Focus Area Permit Referral Process
Coastal Hazards and Coastal Mapping
- Coastal Hazards and Coastal Mapping: A Visual Guide Opens a New Window.
- An Introduction to FEMA Coastal Floodplain Mapping Opens a New Window.
Attend the multi-jurisdiction meeting on the Community Rating System Program for Public Information. Click here for meetings, agendas, and information.
If you see illegal development in the floodplains, report the issue through the Monroe County Request Tracker Opens a New Window. .